Please see our LTC Webinar here.
Ardens offers a comprehensive approach to Long Term Conditions Reviews. Clinical reports & months of birth are used to send invitations to patients and a single template can then be used to record the review. Watch the overview video below for a brief summary of the LTC Review process and then also watch the full video below too. The online resources here should guide you through the LTC process but we also advise you to book some LTC Review training at your surgery for all your staff too.
Some updates have recently been made to the LTC resources and can be seen by clicking this link here.
Overview Video (2 mins)
Full Video (12mins)
LTC Review Conditions Included
The following conditions are included in the reports for sending LTC review invitations. If you think further conditions should be included, please contact us. For conditions not included below, these should be reviewed during a routine annual medication review. For further information about what is included, please see here.
|BP + Pulse: ||HTN, AF|
|Cardiovascular:||CHD, CHF, PAD, CVA/TIA|
|Diabetes:||DM1, DM2, Pre-Diabetes, Gestational Diabetes|
|Mental Health:||Bipolar, Dementia, Learning Disability, Psychosis|
|Respiratory:||Asthma (if bronchodilator issued in last year), COPD|
|Other:||RA, Coeliac Disease, Severe Frailty, Post-Bariatric Surgery|
LTC Pre-Appointment Tests Included
For a summary of the pre-appointment tests that are requested, please see here.
Sending Invitations Using Reports
Ardens use reports, not recalls, for sending invitations as reports are not reliant on users adding/superseding/removing recalls. They also do not require time maintaining if a new patient registers or a practice merges. Reports also ensure only a single invitation is sent to a patient with multiple co-morbidities.
• A new patient must be reviewed at the time of registration.
• A new diagnosis must be reviewed at the time of diagnosis.
• Good data quality is required for new & resolved diagnoses (see here)
• The system is reliant on a single read code Xaagy – Chronic disease management annual review completed being added after the annual review is completed. This is to ensure that 2nd or 3rd invites are not sent out.
• Whilst invitations are only sent annually, some conditions require more frequent review. Additional reviews should be booked at the time of the previous appointment.
• This is not an all-encompassing solution for every condition & circumstance. Clinical expertise and judgement is still required at all stages. It is the practice’s responsibility to check the reports/templates/alerts prior to commencing the LTC review process.