The Opiate Monitoring template can be accessed from the analgesia formulary. It can also be found in Auto consultations > Ardens Drug Monitoring J to Z. At the top you can record that opiate monitoring has been completed.
The template will assist with managing individual patients, with quick access to:
1. Patient agreement for opioid based medication
2. Opiate conversion table
3. Opiate risk tool
Best Practice Reports
There are also some reports to help monitor patients taking opiate medications.
To find these, go to 'Clinical Reporting > Ardens > Prescribing | Alert > Opiates'
When issuing an opiate prescription, a pop-up will appear if no opiate monitoring has been recorded in the last 6 months and the patient has had:
- 2 or more issues of a strong opiate in the last 1 month
- 8 or more issues of a strong opiate in the last 6 months
- 3 or more issues of a weak opiate in the last 1 month
- 9 or more issues of a weak opiate in the last 6 months
From the pop-up alert, select the 'Review' option to launch the opiate monitoring template and complete the monitoring. This will supress the alert for 6 months.
To stop these pop-up alerts go to Setup > Workflow Support > Protocols > Ardens > Prescribing and deselect the ‘Opiate Monitoring'.
Ardens can also assist with Benzodiazepine + Z-Drug Monitoring.