Last review date 03/02/2023
On various templates you will find links to a 'Leaflets' template specific for that condition. Ardens do not produce clinical patient leaflets and are unable to upload publish individual practice leaflets. This is due to the significant increased level of clinical governance that would be required to create, maintain and approve these resources. Ardens therefore link to clinically approved, trusted patient leaflet and information sources such as;
- NHS Choices
- Patient.info - accredited by 'The Information Standard'
- CKS - accredited by 'NICE'
- Professional bodies such as 'The Renal Association'
Sending an electronic leaflet to a patient
To send a leaflet to a patient by email or SMS, open a leaflets template and then:
- Highlight the relevant link and press CTRL+C to copy the link (or right click > copy)
- Click either 'Launch Email' or 'Launch SMS'
- If the patient does not have consent to email or SMS, you will be prompted to gain consent
- When the email window opens, click in to the body of the email and press CTRL+V to paste the link (or right click > paste)
- You may have some 'User Presets or 'Organisation Presets' which you can use to drop in a paragraph of text
Once you save the record, the link is sent to the patient and a record of this is saved in the journal.