When creating a contract on Ardens Manager, users can populate various roles within the contract with different organisations.
All organisations will receive an invitation to the contract. By accepting the invitation to the contract they consent to sharing their data as per the contract data sharing below. Please see additional data sharing agreements at the bottom of this page for additional permissions.
Example setups for contracts
Managed on Ardens Manager
SMI Health Check
Local Commissioned Services (LCS)
Authority e.g. NHS England / CCGs
- Are responsible for writing the contract specifications and defining the reports for payment and monitoring.
- Can view aggregated data for delegated authorities (if included on contract)
- Can view aggregated data from provider groups and/or entire data sets from provider organisations
Delegated Authority e.g. CCG
• Are responsible for monitoring contract activity on behalf of the authority.
• Can view aggregated data from provider groups and/or entire data sets from provider organisations
Provider Groups e.g. PCNs
• Are responsible for delivering a contract on behalf of the provider group’s member organisations.
• Must be marked as ‘Can be named as a provider group on a contract’ in the group settings.
• Can view aggregated data for the group and entire data sets for member organisations.
Provider Organisations e.g. GP Practices
• Are responsible for delivering a contract by themselves.
• Can only be named on a contract once i.e. either as a provider organisation or as part of a provider group.
• Can view their entire data set only
Managed on Ardens Manager
If the authority organisation is either not active on Ardens Manager or does not maintain content on the contract themselves, the contract can be managed on Ardens Manager by another organisation. This means that the contract will be marked as UNOFFICIAL.
If the authority organisation wishes to maintain the contracts themselves on Ardens Manager, they can claim the contract off the organisation who is managing the contract. The authority can then make the contract official if they wish meaning that the contract on Ardens Manager officially replaces any other form of the contract.
The managed on Ardens Manager organisation can only see the entire aggregation of the contract data and cannot break down the data.
Additional Permissions: Group Data Sharing Agreements For Contracts (Coming soon)
If additional permissioned are required within a contract, we can setup a data sharing agreement within the group settings. Additional permissions will supersede any contract permissions.
If a CCG wants to breakdown PCN / provider group data into individual organisations for the PCN DES contract, the CCGs will need to add this permissions onto their data sharing agreement with the practices on Ardens Manager separately to the contract datasharing.
Please see our data sharing agreements on Ardens Manager support article for further information.